ROBERT WILSON GLENN was born March 5, 1813 in Surry County, North Carolina, the 8th of ten children of Thomas Glenn (1773-1847) and Ann Speer Glenn (1781-1860). His parents had both been orphaned at a very young age, but had quite a bit of land willed to them by their parents. Thomas Glenn had a brother named Jeremiah and sisters Susannah ("Sukey"), Jane ("Jeanie"), and Agnes ("Aggie"). Their parents were Tyre Glenn (1740-1775) and Sarah Shelton (1740-1779), who, as previously mentioned, had come to North Carolina from Hanover County, Virginia, in about 1766. Tyre Glenn's wife Sarah Shelton came from a prominent family of Virginia. One of her relatives, also named Sarah Shelton, was the first wife of Patrick Henry, and resided in Hanover County, Virginia during the same time period. Tyre Glenn and his brothers Wortham, William, and Beverly, all moved their families to North Carolina from Virginia around the same time (1766), together with a James Glenn, who was probably their uncle. In the Regulator's War (1767), a pre-revolutionary rebellion in North Carolina against the crown, "Tirey Klann" (Tyree Glenn) was arrested and forced to give an oath of allegiance in Salem, NC. So was James Glen.
Robert Wilson Glenn's grandfather Tyre Glenn died in 1775 at the young age of 35, leaving a will in Surry County, North Carolina, which was probated Feb. 1775. He gave all of his assets to his widow Sarah and provided for his land to be divided between his two sons Jeremiah and Thomas when they came of age. Thomas Glenn was only about 2 years old when his father died. His mother Sarah Shelton Glenn must have also died within a few years, because Thomas and his brother Jeremiah and sisters Agnes and Jean were taken in and raised by their oldest sister Susanna ("Sukey") Glenn (~1760-1834) and her husband Rev. John Blackwell, along with the ten Blackwell children. On 11 Feb 1778, court documents state that John Blackwell, guardian to children of deceased Tyree Glenn, conducted inventory of the Glenn estate. Agnes, Jean, Jeremiah, and Thomas Glenn are named as wards of Blackwell. Agnes Glenn also ended up marrying a minister, Joseph Royal ("Joroyal") Barnett, about 1780. They moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina, and were very outspoken in preaching against the institution of slavery as being morally wrong, as Rev. Blackwell did also. The other Glenn sister in this family, Jane (or Jean), married Micajah C. Barnett, brother of Rev. Joroyal Barnett.
Thomas Glenn married Ann Speer about 1797 in Surry County, NC. Ann Speer's parents were Robert Speer, Jr. (1750-1781) and Elizabeth (abt. 1754-??). Her father and also her grandfather, Robert Speer, Sr., were both killed during the Revolutionary War period, perhaps by British soldiers. The Surry County Court records that on 15 November 1782, Rhoda Speer aged 3 years 6 months, and her sister Ann Speer, aged 21 months, orphan daughters of Robert Speer, deceased, were bound to Andrew Speer (who was probably their uncle), until they reached the age of 18 years. Ann ("Nancy") Speer married Thomas Glenn in 1797, and their children were:

    SQUIRE SOLON GLENN (1798-1870),
    TYRE GLENN (1800-1875),
    THOMAS GLENN, Jr. (1802-1838),
    AUSTIN HARRISON GLENN (1804-1863),
    JANE GLENN (1805-  ?),
    ISAAC GLENN (1808-  ?),
    URIAH ("Hugh") GLENN (1810-1884),
  **ROBERT WILSON GLENN (1813-1873),
    ELIZABETH GLENN (1815- ?),
    SARAH GLENN (1818- ?)

The Glenns were of what is usually called the small planter class: they had a valuable, though not extremely large plantation, and they owned a few slaves, in spite of the fact that many of the Glenns and their in-laws were abolitionists (anti-slavery). Robert Wilson Glenn's oldest brother, Squire S. Glenn, became a blacksmith and moved to Monroe County, Tennessee, to a town called Ball Play (so-called because Cherokee Indians held their ancient ceremonial ball games there). At least two more Glenn brothers followed Squire to Monroe County, Tennessee:
Thomas Jr., a merchant, moved to Monroe County but then died in 1838 at the age of 36, leaving a widow and young daughter.
Austin H. Glenn became a minister, resided in Monroe County, Tennessee for a time, later moving his family to Hunt County, Texas. Tragically, "Preacher Glenn," as he was called, was hanged by Confederate vigilantes in March 1863 in Hunt County, Texas, for being a Union sympathizer. He was around 60 years old. Apparently he had made his views widely known, preaching against the evils of the slave system, and this stirred up anger from many southerners in those tumultuous times. Three of Austin Glenn's sons served in the Union Army. One, Joseph, was a scout and was killed at Little Rock while leading the Union army there. Another son of Rev. Austin Glenn, Thomas Tyre Glenn, served in the Confederate Army as a physician. He had been conscripted or forced into service, but served honorably, was wounded and captured, later sent by steamboat to Vicksburg, Miss, in an exchange of prisoners, and died there in Jan. 1863.
"In startling contrast to the rest of the family" was the career of Robert Wilson Glenn's second oldest brother, Tyre Glenn (1800-1875). He "engaged in every conceivable kind of business ... land speculation, slave trading, merchandising, whiskey making, iron mongering ... anything that would make money." He also owned the Glenn Ferry, which operated on the Yadkin River. After making a large fortune in business, he bought up much of the surrounding land, and after the death of his father Thomas in 1847, Tyre Glenn bought out the interest of all the other heirs, enlarging his holdings even further. He built a large mansion or estate called GLENWOOD on the southern part of his land. It was completed in 1846, and was built in the Greek Revival style (photo available in Yadkin County Ancestors book). He allowed his brother Uriah Glenn and family to live in the old Thomas Glenn place, and he also built a small house for his widowed mother Ann and his three spinster sisters (Jane, Elizabeth, and Sarah), who lived there until their deaths. For many years the mansion house, Glenwood, was the finest house in Surry and Yadkin Counties. The University of North Carolina has the "Tyre Glenn papers" in its special collections, including his personal correspondence, business records, bills of sale for slaves, etc. These papers are of interest to historians because they show how slave traders of that time operated.
Tyre Glenn postponed marriage until age 37, but when he did marry, it was to 21-year-old Margaret Bynum, daughter of a very prominent North Carolina family. They had 12 children. His eldest son, William Bynum Glenn, became a lawyer and partnered in Winston with Robert Broadnax Glenn (1854-1920), who became governor of North Carolina. Robert Broadnax Glenn was the son of Annie S. Dodge and Chalmers Lanier Glenn, who was the son of John W. Glenn, who was the son of James Anderson Glenn, who settled in the Dan River valley of Rockingham County. Orphaned, James Anderson Glenn was raised by an uncle, Dr. Edward Travis Broadnax.
According to family tradition, our ancestor Robert Wilson Glenn left home at an early age and went to Wetumpka, Alabama (which is not too far from Glennville and Auburn, Alabama where his cousins were very prominent citizens). There he married and had two children. No records have been found on his first wife and children, but family tradition says that there was a divorce, and his brother Austin Glenn who was a minister, took in his two children and raised them. Robert Wilson Glenn went to St. Louis, Missouri, where he founded a grist mill, but he became dissatisfied there, so he bought a herd of cattle and drove them from St. Louis to Santa Fe. He apparently did all right for himself, because he owned a large herd of cattle when the war with Mexico broke out. He fought in the Mexican War and was wounded in the conflict. When he was released from the hospital, he was broke and had lost everything that he had.
One day soon after his release from the hospital, he was standing on a street corner in Santa Fe when a man he knew came along. In the course of their conversation, this friend learned of Robert Wilson's circumstances and offered him two 6-mule teams and complete trading outfits, so Robert Wilson Glenn went into business hauling freight on the Santa Fe Trail. Later he also brought freight from Santa Fe into what is now known as Spanish Fork, Utah (along the old Spanish Trail?). On one of his trips to Spanish Fork, one of his drivers got into a fight with a stranger and pulled a knife on the man, cutting him quite badly. Robert Wilson Glenn was a pretty good lawyer, so he brought his driver to Salt Lake City to defend him at trial.
While in Salt Lake City he camped on the old Tithing House block. One morning he got up, and after cooking his breakfast he went and sat down on the tongue of his wagon. It was 8:00 a.m., the morning of 27 Nov 1850. A stranger came along and sat down on the tongue of the wagon with Robert Wilson and started a conversation with him. They began discussing religion. The discussion that took place lasted from 8:00 a.m. until dark that night, for the stranger was Parley P. Pratt, and he was trying to convert Robert Wilson Glenn to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Whatever methods he used were successful, for the next morning, 28 November 1850, he baptized Robert Wilson Glenn into the Church. He was later endowed in President Brigham Young's office in Salt Lake City, August 4, 1852.
Shortly after this, Brigham Young sent him to Manti, Sanpete County, to found the first grist mill there. Manti had been formed in 1849 by Isaac Morley and others, under the direction of Brigham Young. It was the fourth town founded by the Latter-day Saints in the Rocky Mountains. Only Salt Lake City, Ogden, and Provo antedated it. R. Wilson Glenn, as he was called in Manti, was ordained a High Priest on March 7, 1853 by Isaac Morley, Titus Billings, et al. On October 4, 1853, R. Wilson was made acting ward clerk in Manti, the former clerk Bro. J.E. Warner having been killed by the Indians.
On December 5, 1853, R. Wilson Glenn married Sarah Angeline Williams (born 12 November 1837, died 11 July 1914), a daughter of John Williams (abt.1808-1844?) and Marcy Jane Lucas (abt.1812-1886 or 1896). Sarah Angeline Williams was not quite 16, and R. Wilson Glenn was 40 years old when they married.
Robert Wilson Glenn and his family lived in Manti for 12 years, from 1852 to 1864. During this time R.W. Glenn opened and operated the first store in Manti and in Sanpete County. Then, "previous to the year 1863, Robert Wilson Glenn, Isaac Sampson, and a number of men from Manti were called by Brigham Young to explore the central part of our state. They came upon a small cove with two cool, clear streams sending a large stream of water west to the valley about one and one-half miles (to the west). They saw wonderful possibilities for irrigation and power, and they reported to that effect."
Andrew Jensen, Church Historian, wrote concerning the pioneers of Richfield:

"It was not until the fall of 1863 that Albert Lewis of Manti, Sanpete County, together with 9 other men ventured out with a view of making a settlement ... These first settlers, unlike those who followed the next year, were not called by the Church authorities, but came voluntarily and spent the winter of 1863-64 in a hole (or dugout) in the ground, which they carefully covered with brush and other materials, and piled up some rocks which they called a chimney, built in such a shape that it resembled an Indian wickiup. This shanty stood on a spot about two blocks south of the present public square (of Richfield). These men, who had chosen Albert Lewis as their file leader, had no families with them."

The men were Albert Lewis, Robert Wilson Glenn, Christian Olsen Hansen and his brother Hans Olsen Hansen, Nelson Higgins, August Nelson, George Ogilvie, Jorgen Smith, Andrew Poulsen and Eskild C. Peterson. A large stone monument now stands in Richfield on the site where these first settlers spent the winter, with the names of these ten men on it. Apparently this site had been an ancient Indian village, and the area was discovered to contain ruins of adobe walls, relics of pottery, Indian corn, wheat, grinding stones, arrows, and human bones.
In the spring, Brigham Young, in counsel with Orson Hyde, called Robert Wilson Glenn and other men to bring their families and settle in the Sevier Valley. Apparently Robert Wilson Glenn was already planning to move to the Sevier Valley when the call from Brigham Young came, so instead of settling at Richfield he was asked to lead another settlement, which would later become GLENWOOD.
Robert Wilson Glenn was instrumental in establishing both towns, and as county surveyor and lawyer appears to have traveled back and forth between the settlements. The first families of Glenwood were Robert Wilson Glenn, Isaac Sampson, Joseph Wall, George Pectol, Thomas Bell, Archibald T. Oldroyd, Peter M. Oldroyd Sr., Seth Wareham, Artimas Millet, Henry Hendrickson, William Sampson, James Killian, William Cowley, and others. The first families of Richfield were those of the men listed in the paragraph above.
At the site of Richfield in early January 1864, Robert W. Glenn had surveyed six blocks of five acres each, and laid off streets wide enough for travel with ox teams. The blocks were divided into quarters, each lot being 214 and a half feet square. One of the blocks was reserved for the public square. This small town became Plat A, Richfield City Survey. In early spring of 1864, the men returned to their homes in Manti to bring their families, and they arrived March 14, 1864.
For the division of lands, Ole Borg wrote,

"Each man was to have 20 acres; one city lot, one hay lot, two and a half acres, and a share in the public calf pasture. The land was drawn for in the following way: the numbers on Mr. Glenn's survey were put on pieces of paper and placed in a man's hat, and we then drew a number indicating where our land was located. The first drawing took place on Sunday afternoon, after meeting. Every man and boy present went out to see their first possession of land in Zion. All were well pleased with their location."

That was the method by which land in Utah was distributed until 1869, when it became law that men must file on land and pay for it.
The first settlers of Glenwood arrived on the ground where Glenwood now stands on January 11, 1864. They called the place Fort Glenn Cove. It was situated in a natural cove on Cove Creek on the east side of Sevier Valley. The sagebrush grew 6 feet high and was so thick they could hardly walk through it, but the men went to work to clear the ground and irrigate it with the streams of water flowing from the hills to the east. After a town site had been surveyed, the brethren returned to Sanpete Valley for their families. The settlement was founded in the spring of 1864 under the direction of Robert Wilson Glenn.
Apostle Hyde visited Glenn Cove in 1864, when he named the place Glenwood in lieu of Glenn Cove or Glencoe, a name formerly adopted by the people (Glencoe is a famous glen in Scotland, where a battle was fought).
The first homes were crude dugouts and the people suffered the trials and privations common to all pioneers of those days. General and local Church authorities also served as civil government officials, and all civic matters and temporal affairs were discussed and decisions made at branch -- and later ward -- meetings. Interesting and historical facts are found in early minutes of those meetings. R. Wilson Glenn, as he signed his name, recorded the earliest minutes and was chosen to act as clerk of the branch. James Wareham was acting president.

"June 25, 1864: Meeting held at the home of Isaac Herring. R. Wilson Glenn spoke upon improving themselves, being united, care of the stock, and keeping the fields clear of stock. They voted to have field fences put up by Thursday, June 29. If each man did not have his fence up by then, a portion of his hay land should be taken to pay for putting up the same."
"July 17, 1864: Elder Peter Oldroyd was appointed as a delegate to the approaching county convention with instructions to vote for R. Wilson Glenn of Glenwood for representative to the approaching legislative assembly of the territory."

About twenty-five families spent the winter of 1864-65 in Glenwood, in log cabins, adobe houses, and dugouts. Another entry from the minutes:

"Feb. 1, 1865: A resolution was passed for rock quarrying to begin, also hauling rock for a schoolhouse. A correct account was to be kept of what each man and team did on this building. Three citizens were appointed as a building committee, namely Thomas Bell, R. Wilson Glenn, and Henry Hendrickson..."

At first the local Indians were friendly. Quoting from the history of Francis Wall:

"In the year of 1864 the Black Hawk Tribe came to Glenwood to live for the winter. They camped in the hills east of town, and would come down into town and beg for something to eat. Of course the people gave them what food they could spare. Young Blackhawk came to town every day, so sometimes he would play ball with the boys. Often he came to me and asked if I would loan him a horse and saddle. He would always bring the horse back."

Unfortunately, the Black Hawk Indian War broke out the next year, and for several years the settlers knew little peace. Quoting again from the history of Francis Wall:

"The Indians moved in January 1865 up into Sampete County and stayed there until the war started February 9, 1865. In April, 1865, I was mustered into the service by Captain Robert Glenn as Home Guard. I was mustered into the cavalry to go after ter the Indians who had killed a man, Nate Robinson, who had been to Manti for flour for his family. I got to him first. He had camped by Willowbend (now Aurora) with some people. He had been scalped and shot. The Indians killed his oxen and dog. We took him to Glenwood."

Three of the settlers of Glenwood were later killed by the Indians, and several were wounded. The child mortality rate was also high, because the people suffered from want of food, clothing, and shelter, and infants could not always be given proper care and nourishment.
During these troublesome times, the beat of the drum was the signal for everyone to run to the home of the bishop ... Because of the serious Indian troubles, the men of Glenwood were called upon to build a fort. It was made of rock and had high, thick walls. One the west side were two small, heavy wooden doors where people could enter. On the east side was a large wooden gate where a loaded wagon could pass through. All around the top, and by each door, were peek holes through which the men could shoot. Inside the fort was a spring so people wouldn't go thirsty. The fort was built around half of a city block.
In spite of the Indian troubles, the white settlers went on with matters of business and government. The first meeting of the newly formed Sevier County was held March 6, 1865, and the following appointments were made: Robert W. Glenn, County Surveyor; William G. Baker, Assessor and Collector; Nathaniel Hanchett, Sheriff; R.W. GLENN, William McFadden and John Southwell, Board of Examiners for school teachers; H.P. Miller, Superintendent of Schools. The book "Treasures of Pioneer History", p. 290, says that "Robert W. Glenn, Richfield's first attorney, lived at Glenwood, and traveled to Richfield every day to practice law with Judge William Morrison."
However, the Black Hawk Indian War soon threatened the very existence of the settlement of Glenwood. Settlers were frequently being threatened and shot at by Indians, and on the 20th of April, 1866, the women and children of Glenwood, Monroe and Marysvale came to Richfield for safety. In Richfield the men from the outlying settlements built a fort for their families to live in, while they patrolled the surrounding areas and took care of the crops in the outlying settlements. The conditions at the fort in Richfield, according to one resident,

"made us somewhat crowded, for as many as three families were crowded into the house on the SW corner of the block NW of the public square, which by this time had four additional rooms, which were occupied by R. W. Glenn, County Surveyor, and his family, J.K Peterson and his three wives and children, and George Pectol and his family. So the additions to the (central) court room were well filled. But that was one of the inconveniences of the war, and we got along astonishingly well in our domestic relations, and cemented a friendship that remains unimpaired to the present day, and it is fondly hoped that it will continue until the day of redemption."
(from the book "Ten Penny Nails: Pioneering the Sevier Valley", by Revo M. Young).

The following letter was written by Robert Wilson Glenn during his stay in Richfield, to Brother R. G. Clark of Heber. It shows the outlook of the pioneers at this period and describes their situation. A copy of this letter in his own handwriting can be found in the Manti LDS Record Book.

"Richfield, Sevier Co., July 8, 1866.
Bro. R.G. Clark:
Yours of the 26th May came to hand to-day, so you see the mail facilities for the county are rather on the slow order, and not by any means sure. To-day is the first newspaper we have had for 10 wks. We have been fairly much hemmed in until General Wells came in and even now we cannot travel, only in large companies. So you see as a matter of course we are not posted up in anything except Indian troubles. That we know more about than is profitable or agreeable. Myself, family and all the families of Glenn Wood were driven from our homes in the spring. I say driven, we were ordered to leave for fear we would be massacred. A few men remain at the ------, and Alma as a guard to water the growing crops; but I suppose as soon as the crops are harvested both places will be abandoned. When I sold out in Manti, I thought I would come out here and raise stock and make butter and cheese, and accordingly I was getting a pretty good stock of cows and young stock. Had I had no misfortune with my stock I would have milked from 12 to 16 cows this season, but they are all but 5 gone to Black Hawk's herd. I have five cows, one yoke of work cattle and 4 calves in all that is left me out of my entire stock. My losses since the war commenced is about $1700.00. I still own a good farm, hay land, house, etc. but all of this is of no use and cannot now be sold for one dollar. I see but a gloomy prospect before me to make a living for my family, unless I can get into a good flouring mill. If I could get a situation as miller in some good mill north of San Pete I would gladly accept. I say north of San Pete because when this county is given up to the Indians they will prey upon San Pete until that county will suffer what we have and are suffering. But after all I feel to rejoice and thank the Lord that the lives of myself and family has been spared and we are in good health and Sarah seems to be in good spirits, and hope we will be able to keep what little stock we have left. I thank you for your kind invitation to myself and family, and would start with them today if I had wagon and team to get out of this country with, but (as) before stated, my property is nearly all gone. I have a small and rather poor wagon and one yoke of cattle is all my chance to move, and many of my brethren (are) in a more destitute condition than myself. I had got in 10 acres of wheat before we were counseled to evacuate Glenn Wood, that looks well, I am told. I have let it out and have nothing to keep me here, only I can't get away. There is to-day a report that Gen'l W.B. Pace is at Glenn Wood with 100 men and that 400 men at different intervals are going to scout the mountains to and beyond Green River. Pace did some good fighting 9 miles from Glenn Wood, I think he and his men will fight if they can get at the devils. If these troops going into the mountains should fall in with the Indians and give them a good thrashing, perhaps this county will not be evacuated, but if that is not accomplished this whole valley will be broken up as soon as the crops are secured. So upon the whole, if I had a wagon and team sufficient to get away with, I would start (with) the first company that leaves and not stop in San Pete either. But I would like to get into a good mill in your county or any other business that would pay me a living (that I could do)."

In the spring of 1867, when the Indian hostilities were resumed (three people, Jens Peter Peterson and his wife, and Mary Smith, a neighbor girl fourteen years old, were massacred 21 Mar 1867 at Black Ridge east of the Sevier River, while they were traveling by wagon to Glenwood to do some trading), the settlements of Glenwood, Richfield, all of Piute County and the areas of Kanab and Kane were evacuated, the people moving to the older settlements in Sanpete County for safety. (Glenwood was later resettled, in 1870, but the Glenn family did not return. Glenwood became a very successful settlement, and became "one of only two communities in the LDS Church to live the United Order successfully").
Robert Wilson Glenn had lost most of his property during the Black Hawk Indian War, amounting to about $1700. His lands and house were worthless to him since the Indians had occupied the area. When he was offered the job of running a grist mill for Abram Hatch, president of the stake at Heber, Utah, he accepted, and moved his family there. A few years later, in 1871, he moved to Wallsburg, Wasatch County (which was first called Round Valley, settled in 1865, and named Wallsburg after some of its first settlers, the Wall family).
The Glenns had been in Wallsburg only a short time when Robert Wilson Glenn became ill with pneumonia and died on May 18, 1873 at 60 years of age. He left his young widow, who was only 35, and six children, the oldest being not quite 19, and the youngest just 9 years old. Robert Wilson Glenn Jr. was almost 17 at the time, and being the oldest boy, it fell to his lot to help support his mother and smaller brothers and sisters. Sarah Angeline Williams Glenn continued to reside at Wallsburg until her death July 11, 1914 at 76 years of age, after being a widow for 41 years.

[Note: it is doubtful whether the photo which has been identified and published as being "Robert Wilson Glenn Sr." is actually him. Robert Wilson Glenn I died in 1873 at 60 years of age, and the man in the photo looks much older than 60, certainly not like a man in the prime of his life who had been the leader of the settlement of Glenwood only a few years earlier. Also, the suit he is wearing in the picture looks like a more modern style. I suspect that this is actually a photo of Robert Wilson Glenn II, who died in 1936 at age 79. This fits better with the age of the man in the photo and the suit he is wearing. Robert Wilson Glenn II also had a son named Robert Wilson Glenn (III), and for this reason Robert Wilson Glenn II also became known as Robert Wilson Glenn "Sr". (In fact, this is what is inscribed on his headstone.) So naturally this is what his children called him, and they would have labeled his photo as "Robert Wilson Glenn Sr." Relatives acquiring a copy of this photo 20-30 (or more) years after his death, of course would have supposed that "Robert Wilson Glenn Sr." meant Robert Wilson Glenn I, and mis-identified him since they never knew him. The photo of Sarah Angeline Williams is genuine; she died in 1914 at age 76, 41 years after her husband had passed away, but the picture of her looks like it was taken years earlier than the picture of "Robert Wilson Glenn Sr." was taken. Also, notice the resemblance of their facial features, it seems likely that the man in the photo is actually her son, Robert Wilson Glenn II (when he was older) rather than her husband, Robert Wilson Glenn I.]

The children and grandchildren of Robert Wilson Glenn and Sarah Angeline Williams Glenn are as follows:

	 Richard Hugh,
	 Leo M.,
   **ROBERT WILSON GLENN II (1856-1936),
         ADA VILATE GLENN (1877-1880);
         MARY GLENN (1879-1954),
            md. WILLIAM ELLER STOKER;
         MARGUERITTE ("Maggie") GLENN (1882-1904),
            md. JOHN LEE MASON;
         ALICE GLENN (1884-1968),
            md. THOMAS G. HOLMES;
       **GENERVA ("Jennie") GLENN (1887-1937),
            md. 1-CLEALON BRAY (div)
                2-EARL TUCKER (div)
	        3-BERT BAYLOR (div)
	        4-TERRY A. MANN (div)
	        5-ALLEN DALE JACKSON (div)
         ROBERT WILSON ("Bill") GLENN III (1889-1936),
            never married;
         EMELY ("Elma") GLENN (1891-1954),
            md. 1-DANIEL JOSEPH DELANEY and
                2-JAMES ALFRED THOMAS;
         NORA GLENN (1894-1961),
            md. 1-WILLIAM DOWDLE and
                2-MILTON HENRY SMITH;
         HUGH GORDON GLENN (1899-1972),
            md. DELILA FERN SPRATLING.
	 Cecil Isaac,
	 Mary Jane,
	 Amy Grace,
     JOHN THOMAS GLENN (1859-1922), md. OLIVE HAWS.
	 Albie Elnora,
	 Zora Inez,
	 Austin Denis,
	 Jason Ellis,
	 Bessie Alice, and
	 Olaf Earl.
         Ada Esther,
	 Ray Lela,
	 Lillie, and

Grave of Robert W. Glenn and Sarah Williams Glenn in Wallsburg
The book "How Beautiful Upon the Mountains", a DUP publication about the history and people of Wasatch County, in the section about Wallsburg, states that both Robert Wilson Glenn Sr. and Sarah Williams Glenn are buried in the cemetery at Wallsburg, Wasatch County, Utah.

Information Compiled
by Karen Bray Keeley

INTERNET Adaptation
by Sandra Shuler Bray